Oncology- Hywel Dda UHB
This project linked breast cancer patients with specialist oncology clinicians using video consulting. This facilitated linking Llanelli and Withybush Hospitals. This Pilot commenced in October 2015 and concluded in January 2015.
- Hywel Dda University Health Board
- Improvement in the standard of care to breast oncology patients in Pembrokeshire by expediting pathway for accessing advice, diagnosis and treatment.
- Provision of equitable access to specialist service to Pembrokeshire breast oncology patients.
- Provision of support to local CNS and clinicians in management of oncology patients by enabling access to oncologist advice on a regular basis.
- Enable management and treatment of oncology patients at hospitals closer to patients' home.
- Educational-skilling opportunity for staff -access to oncology supervision and advice regarding patient's management and treatment and support of local staff's CPD requirements.
- Reduction in travelling for breast oncology patients.
- Reduction in amount of travelling for clinical nurse specialists.
- Enable sustainability of oncology services in Pembrokeshire.
- Enable development and parity of oncology service across Hywel Dda.
- Establish a service model that could be used as an exemplar for oncology services.