The Artificial Intelligence (AI) in Health and Care Award aims to benefit patients by combining the power of artificial intelligence with the expertise of the NHS to improve health and care outcomes.
The Award is making £140 million available over three years to accelerate the testing and evaluation of technologies most likely to meet the aims set out in the NHS Long Term Plan. Four levels of award are available to support AI solutions from initial feasibility to evaluation within NHS and social care settings.
The Award is a competitive process run by the Accelerated Access Collaborative (AAC) in partnership with NHSX and the National Institute for Health Research (NIHR). Each round of the Award will support different categories of technology to address clinical and patient need.
The AI in Health and Care Award will increase the impact of AI systems to help solve both clinical and operational challenges across the NHS. It will speed up the most promising technologies through the regulatory process by building an evidence base to demonstrate the effectiveness and safety of artificial intelligence in health and care.
- AI in Health and Care Award - funded projects 2020
- NHSX AI Award Round 2 Phases 1-2 webinar presentation
- NHSX AI Award - Round 2 Frequently Asked Questions
- NHSX AI Award - Guidance for Competition Round 2 All Phases Stage 1
- NHSX Round 2 AI Award Stage 1 Application Form - template
- NHSX AI Award Round 2 Phases 3-4 webinar presentation