ABUHB- Virtual Reality, Introduction To Roles
The aim of this work was to develop some Virtual Reality short clips to introduce young people to different types of roles in health or social care. The project has been completed and has scope to expand with more roles covered. This has proved to be a useful recruitment tool for health and social care.
- Aneurin Bevan University Health Board
- Orchard development company
- Dr Paul Edwards, Associate Medical Director ABUHB
- Gwersi a Ddysgwyd
A series of clips have been done and will be used in recruitment/information events.
Challenges have included:
- Funding to undertake this project.
- Provision of materials to showcase the roles to be highlighted.
Opportunity to show and tell care roles and encourage young people into care careers
Using VR technology to engage with the younger generation to encourage and increase the numbers applying for health and care courses at FE and HE levels.